Good Intentions

 I believe in fate. I believe in intention setting and allowing the universe to give us what we need when we need it. This time the universe gave me and someone else in need something at the same time.

My intention was simple: celebrate my birthday doing something I love while giving back.
The universe gave me this: 
1 day, 1 lighting set-up, as many photos as I could get of the people that I admire and love. I decided to limit it to 15 minutes per person, to not only challenge my skills as a photographer but squeeze in as many people as I could into 1 day.

It was easy to come up with the recipient of the proceeds of this day: the Jodie O'Shea Orphanage.
I was turned onto this place a few weeks ago from a dancer that I admire, Alex Crenian. She had just visited Bali and wrote about it and encouraged me to check them out. On a another little twist of fate, I had just booked a trip to Bali for a family reunion this spring and thought about looking to volunteer while on my trip.  This decision couldn't have been easier and my excitement for the day keeps growing as it gets close.  

Can't wait to see everyone in front of the camera and celebrate my birthday with a community of people that I am proud to call my friends.

Comments

Popular Posts